23 April, 2006

Sunday 9th - Saturday 22nd

I've been lazy the last two weeks not keeping this web blog up to date .....

A quick catch up ......

Tuesday 11th - Matt and Karen returned suntanned from their honeymoon in the Maldive Islands and Dubai. Of course they had a fantastic time - who wouldn't sunning themselves on their own private water villa built over a coral reef!! See here for more details of paradise!

Friday 14th - Karen, Matt, Kerry and I went for a drive along the western side of Loch Lomond. Although the weather wasn't the best, the scenery was once again spectacular. We met up with Karen's parents - Tom and Anne - at Luss.

Saturday 22nd - Kerry and I caught the train from Glasgow to Edinburgh and then a bus to the harbour where the Queen's old royal yacht - the Britannia is now kept. We did the tour of the yacht which was very interesting. I must admit for someone who isn't a royalist I have found the various tours linked with royalty extremely interesting ....
Much of the rest of the time has been spent chauffeuring Matt around so he can continue working. Unfortunately, while on his honeymoon, he injured his ankle and has continued to have trouble with it.

We have seen alot of Scottish supermarkets - and of course the country in between - particularly around Edinburgh and the east coast. A highlight was going to Perth, Dundee and St Andrews last Friday (where Matt drove).

Despite the fact that Matt doesn't like the way I drive I've managed so far not to hit anything or have anything hit me!! Although, I must admit the roundabouts here sometimes get me a little confused - three lanes, six outlets and traffic lights between each section ...... trying to remember which exit to take .....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?